June 13, Wednesday
I woke up just now. It’s 3:43 am. Here I am trying to post with one sleepy eye closed. Somehow still defying the gravity that’s pulling my head towards my bed. Few minutes ago, I was actually in the middle of a dream.
I was inside a big house. I have a towel with me and was trying to look for a bathroom. I’m supposed to take a bath or something. The living room is okay but the kitchen and the bathroom is a bit of a rundown.
So there I was walking and looking for the bathroom. I think it was me first who started singing. Then someone answered. Voice of a girl doing a Bebop thing. She has a nice and familiar voice. Kind of like ska punk. I answer back. Then it become a standoff jam Bebop scaling. I was laughing and so she does too, because there are times that in the middle of the scale when we don’t know how we’ll lead the duel bebop scaling standoff to its end. So instead, it’s getting out of tune and we laugh for the funnies.But still I can’t able to point where her voice coming from.
Anyway continuing on, I continue look for a bathroom. Then I saw a room with a shower curtain. So I thought that’s the bathroom. But I noticed there are no showers inside of it. So I checked the other rooms beside it. Then two tall dudes went in. One went to pee while the other one took a bucket (with water) and pour it to himself with his clothes on. I asked him, pointing to the shower curting, “That’s the bathroom, right?” He said “yeah” and he asked me if I’m going to take a bath. I said maybe later after him. He said okay and continued what’s he doing still with his clothes on.
Then as I went outside the house. I hear another kind of music. Sort of a progressive jazz metal instrumental type. It was really a great sound. Then I saw my brother with, I assumed, his band mates that I’m not familiar with. They just doing their thing in the corner while I was passing by. Then there it hit me. How could my brother be here?
So I asked him, “Pranks, is this your composition?”. I’m referring to the music they’re jamming. He said “Yeah, we’re practicing”. “This is a great piece” I said. He nod. Then I asked him “Am I dreaming?”. He’s surprised but he didn’t answer my question. Then I laughed. Of course ” it’s a dream” I whispered to my self. Then I told him. “So that means, this is not your composition”. “This is actually mine.” Then we both laughed. Then I woke up.
Okay, so I tried to research on the web what are the meanings of those stuffs I saw and heard in my dream. It seems like their interpretation are contradicting to one another. Here are the elements and their meaning according to dreammoods.com:
- Kitchen – To see a kitchen in your dream signifies your need for warmth, spiritual nourishment and healing. It may also be symbolic of the nurturing mother or the way that you are for your loved ones. Alternatively the kitchen represents a transformation. Something new or life altering is about to occur.
- Bathroom – To dream that you can not find the bathroom or that you have difficulties finding one indicates that you have difficulties in releasing and expressing your emotions. You are holding back your true feelings about something.
- Voices – To hear voices in your dream signify a message from the subconscious or spiritual realm. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor that you need to “voice” your opinions more loudly. Speak your mind!
- Singing – To sing in your dream represents happiness, harmony and joy in some situation or relationship. You are uplifting others with your positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Singing is a way to celebrate, communicate, embrace and express your feelings.
– To hear someone sing in your dream signifies emotional and spiritual fulfillment. Your mood is changing for the positive as your outlook in life is looking up.
- Bucket – To see or carry a bucket in your dream indicates an improvement in your current situation. If the bucket is filled, then it signifies abundance, love and wealth. If the bucket is empty, then it signifies that you will overcome some loss or conflict.
- Guitar – To see or play a guitar in your dream represents passion and emotion. It also relates to sexual connotations and may signal an erotic or sensual dream.
- Music – To hear harmonious and soothing music in your dream signifies prosperity and pleasure. You are expressing your emotions in a positive way. Music serves to heal the soul.
- Brother – To see your brother in your dream symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with him. It can also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has certain characteristics or behaviors similar to your brother.
- Dreams #04 (ibikutoria.wordpress.com)
- Prophetic Dreams and “Confirmation.” (sthaelrazor.com)
- 6-10-2012 | Dream Fragments | When Zombies Scream (goodjohnjr.wordpress.com)
- Bullish Life: Some Dreams Are Stupid (thegloss.com)
- You’re the Guinea Pig: Experimenting with Your Sleep and Dreams [Sleep] (lifehacker.com)
- It’s all Japanese. (mkismkismk.wordpress.com)
- All Night I Dream of…Stockholm Syndrome?! (thelostyearsofaileen.wordpress.com)
- To Bebop or not to Bebop? That is the question… (ashdownguitarlessons.wordpress.com)
- Our Emotions – The Sole Creators of Every Word, Voice, Symbolic Image, Bodily Movement and Thought (madinamerica.com)
- John Wesley’s Sermon on Human Life as a Dream (restart.typepad.com)
- Classic Bebop (pianodiana.blogspot.com)