Okay, enough with the political nonsense. Why don’t we get back to music. As, I think, I mentioned couple of times already I am a child of the 90s. I don’t know why maybe it’s a generation perception thing? Felt like the era just flew passed me or something. Am I really that old. Weird. Anyway, I can’t say that most of the songs that dominated that airwaves now are crap because I remember on the 90s, there were a lot of crappy songs too. That’s the thing with pop music. The faster they reach the peak, they fall even faster. But honestly, I can’t even remember any example of crappy songs in the 90s. All I can think of are the good ‘ol alternative music from Third Eye Blind, New Radicals, Bush, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana etc. I love to recall those times with the help of these music to fuel me. Another band that is one of my favorite when I was a kid, I’m not sure if you guys still remember. The Collective Soul.
Of course, some of you still remember them. It’s not like we can easily forget their hits like “The World I Know” which sang by David Cook on American Idol. To be honest, that is not my favorite. I mean, I like the song but not as much as I love another song from the same self-titled album “Collective Soul” released on 1995. It’s not “Shine” or “December” either. Funny it seemed sometimes, when I jam with the other bands and requested a collective soul song, those 3 are usually come up. I mean, how about “Gel” or “Where the river flows”?
Anyway, it’s actually “When the water falls”. Hehehe.. I remember when I was a kid. My cousin used to play that song in the morning in our car while driving us to school. So it brings nostalgic memories of my childhood. So if you haven’t heard it yet, well,why don’t you give it a try🙂
Naks! Here I am, self promoting… again😛 Hehehe.. Anyway, here’s my cover. By the way, let me say in advance that I’m sorry for the unnecessary sounds you’ll hear like my Dobberman’s (Leroy) barking and my sudden cough. I wasn’t feeling well at that time, I think. This was taken 2 years ago, when I was still working at our Coca Cola distribution office.
So without further nonsense, here it is:
- Patter in 90s Alt-rock (ask.metafilter.com)
- Bringing back the 90s! (foodandwinehedonist.wordpress.com)
- ’90s Beauty Is Back at the Billboard Music Awards (bellasugar.com)
- Internet, Stop Making Me Feel Old (pinkjuniormints.wordpress.com)
- What If ‘The Facebook’ Was Invented in the ’90s? [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- 7 Pop Songs From Our Youth That Were Actually Really Dirty (collegecandy.com)
- Restaurants that blast crappy pop music, the scourge of utter stupidity…. (erosionoffreedom.wordpress.com)
- Top 20 Tracks Of The ’90s According To NME (buzz103.radio.com)