Okay. I want to talk about Minute Mysteries. Has anyone heard of it? It’s a form of trivial short story and you got to guessed the whole story behind it. You must probe and come up with a hypothetical context, how ridiculous it may be. Do you get what I mean? Actually, I just heard of it from our training last week. It’s kind of fun though I’m not really familiar with it, at first. You’ll learn how to think outside the box and the more outrageous your guess seemingly is, the more nearer you get to the actual answer. Let me give you an example which I already solved in our training.
1. Jack, Nicole, Goldy and Sam are living in one house. Jack and Nicole are a couple. One day, Jack and Nicole decided to watch movies. When they got back from the movie house, they saw Goldy lying dead on the floor. They knew Sam was responsible for it but he wasn’t severely punished.
So what do you think? How did Goldy died? Jack and Nicole knew Sam murdered Goldy yet he’s punishment is not really severe. Why?
Hehehehe.. Here’s another one:
2. A woman comes home with a bag of groceries, gets the mail, and walks into the house. On the way to the kitchen, she goes through the living room and looks at her husband, who had blown his brains out. She then continues to the kitchen, puts away the groceries, and makes dinner.
That’s a bit morbid, right? She walked into her house with some groceries and looks at her husband who blown his brains out. Then she continues to kitchen and make some dinner. Hahaha!
Here’s the last one. This one’s more difficult than the last two:
3. A man walks into the restaurant. He ordered an albatross. After one bite, he decided to kill himself.
Here’s a clue. This is more morbid than the last two. Hehehe!
So start guessing and don’t use google. What’s the point if we’re just going to check the answer over the web. You can ask close ended questions, questions answerable by “yes” or “no” only. Or you can guess right away if you think you got it.
- Another short story (thethoughtstorage.wordpress.com)
- First Days – Short Story (fresh1nk.wordpress.com)
- Free Tina Storm Urban Fantasy Short Story Exclusive on Smashwords (3) (lissawrites.wordpress.com)