I’ve decided I want to blog more. Rather than just thinking about doing it, I’m starting right now. I will be posting on this blog once a day for all the rest of 2011.
I was intrigued by this “National Novel Writing Month” or NaNoWriMo, that is marked on November. It was said that the thousand of writers would be joining up towards completing a 50,000 word-novel by November 30th. Yeah. 50, 000 words, That would be 1,667 words a day. I think I can cope up with that, posting 1,667 words every other day is not really a big deal, but the real problem is writing with that amount everyday for the whole month consistently everyday. Another problem would be it’s supposed to be a novel, with dialogues, plot and all the jazz. I mean, if I could just rant about anything then it would greatly lighten the load. But man!? We’ll see, I actually want to know my limits that’s why I’m joining this. Maybe I can learn from this ordeal, since I’m not really a writer anyway.
“It’s all about quantity, not quality. This approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly. Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap. And that’s a good thing. By forcing yourself to write so intensely, you are giving yourself permission to make mistakes. To forgo the endless tweaking and editing and just create. To build without tearing down.” – NaNoWriMo
In preparation, I’ll make use of this post-a-day challenge for practice. Well, at least, here I can just rant about anything. I’m gonna need to do some mental stretching and warm up my mind muscles. Hmmm.. I better prepare myself a story and create some outlines..
I know it won’t be easy, but it might be fun, inspiring, awesome and wonderful. Therefore I’m promising to make use of The DailyPost, and the community of other bloggers with similiar goals, to help me along the way, including asking for help when I need it and encouraging others when I can.
If you already read my blog, I hope you’ll encourage me with comments and likes, and good will along the way.
- National Novel Writing Month (notepadfrenzy.wordpress.com)
- Preparing for NaNoWriMo (thestoryinme.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (inurbase.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2011 is approaching! (djlutz.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Interview with author Julia Crouch (rosymoorhead.co.uk)
- National Novel Writing Month – Tips That Have Helped Me (chyrondave.wordpress.com)
- Only 21 more days… (adventurewriter.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo? What the hell, YES! (echoed5feelings.wordpress.com)
- National Novel Writing Month is NEXT MONTH!! (veronicasrandomness.wordpress.com)
- Getting Ready For NaNoWriMo (jsimson.wordpress.com)
- I’m Posting Once a Week in 2011 (dallasannsviews.com)
- NaNoWriMo (ficklefolly.wordpress.com)
- Prepare for National Novel Writing Month with the Post a Day Challenge (overachairfeet.wordpress.com)
- The challenge is 75% complete! Ready for National Novel Writing Month? (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- I’m taking the writing plunge. Three years later. (mybusinessaddiction.com)
- Less Than A Month Away…Oh God (ericswett.wordpress.com)
- Game On, WP! (thebrotha.wordpress.com)