This is an article I stumbled upon while looking for interesting stuffs over the net. An article written by a girl who I would say belonged to the “A” group. You know those “cool”, always in the trend people? (as others say) She was whining about a guy she went out on a date with, who she said was, normal at first until he mentions that he’s a Magic card game player, a world champion to be exact and that turns out to be, her biggest “no – no”.
So she thinks she’s better than all the geeks? I mean, wtf! I have nothing against this kind of.. women because hey, we all have our own preferences. But it just seems callous and shallow to judge the guy haphazardly. If I ever dated someone who was like that girl, I would come up with an excuse to leave her right away or it would be such a pain to restrain myself of throwing her down under the bridge or leave her chained on a street post.
What’s with the prejudice? I thought the geek culture is already part of the mainstream. All guys have a hobby or two that we’re passionate with. Some would be basketball, air soft, boxing, coffee, writing, travelling, online gaming or playing a strategic card collectible. It doesn’t make them socially handicapped. I mean, being geeky at some aspects of our personality doesn’t make us socially handicap. We just have a strong conviction on whatever we love to do and no shame of being true to ourselves.
Copyright © 2011. Smokebear. All rights reserved.
- My OkCupid Affair With A World Champion Magic: The Gathering Player (gizmodo.com.au)
- The Ilonggo’s Online Magic the Gathering Lounge (magiciloilo.com)
- A Female’s Response to Gizmodo’s “Journalism” (geekwithin.tumblr.com)
- [Opinion] Gizmodo writer is a complete twit. See what she had to say and why I think she’s a twit (tumblog.queenofthedorks.com)
- My Brief OkCupid Affair With a World Champion Magic: The Gathering Player [OkCupid] (gizmodo.com)
- Magic the Gathering Pro Tour Hall of Fame (www.wizards.com)
- Alyssa Bereznak Just Reminded Us the Women Can Be Predators Online Too (www.gizmodo.com.au)